Saturday, November 21, 2009

Job Completed

Luling, Louisiana

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 62 degrees, cloudy and rainy all day

It rained all night here, and it continued through the day. No problem for me, since I was back at work, finishing my assessment at Waterford-3 Nuclear Plant. Most of the day was spent writing up my findings. Late in the day, I met with management to give a summary of my findings and recommendations. After my presentation was completed, I was asked to come back in January to participate in a readiness review.

In the past, I would probably have started home as soon as my last day was completed. Not this time. I was still tired from the job in Texas that I left last week, and being here this week didn't allow any rest. I decided to go back to the hotel and stay the night and get an early start in the morning. When I called Carolyn and told her I wouldn't be home until tomorrow, she was disappointed but understanding.

This coming week, we will be staying in Bay City for Thanksgiving. During the week, I'll clean up the truck and RV on the outside if the weather allows. On Friday, we'll leave Bay City on our way to Glen Rose to see our doctor for our yearly physicals. It may take us a couple days to get there.

Once our business in Glen Rose is completed, we expect to go to the hill country for a couple of weeks. Finally, some rest and relaxation.

Good night, Dear. I'll be home tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gold Beach, California: City Of Gold

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: