Monday, November 9, 2009

Plans A Little More Solid

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 74 degrees, cloudy skies

Rain fell most of the night as the outlying weather from the hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico moved north toward Mississippi and Alabama. We were glad to see it not come this way with an outage in progress.

Our plans are becoming a little more solid than Jello, now that we’re nearing the end of the outage. The major decision we have to make now is whether to take the RV to New Orleans or leave it here in Bay City . If we leave the RV here, that means we would have to stay in a hotel while in New Orleans , and I don’t like that idea. If Carolyn goes with me, she wouldn’t have her “things” with her. That wouldn’t be good for her or me. If she stays here, that means I still have to stay in a hotel, and I think I have made my feelings about hotels clear. Dirty, noisy, etc. There are positives to leaving the RV here, such as the convenience of not having to pull it over to New Orleans and back, difficulty in finding a place to park, the short time that the trip to New Orleans will require, and so forth. We’ll see what the final decision will be.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Greenville, Alabama: City Of Smiles

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: