Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back Home

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low in Luling, Louisiana 54 degrees, rainy, high in Bay City, Texas 68 degrees, clear skies

I got off to an early start this morning on my way home after a week away. So early, in fact, that I was on the road by 0430 hours. One good thing about a start that early is that the traffic was light, and I sailed down Interstate 10 to Baton Rouge and on to the west toward Texas with no delays at all. Eight hours after leaving the New Orleans area, I was back in Bay City. I was tired from the early wake up and the long hours of the last few weeks, but now I have time to get a little rest and take care of some of the work around the RV that I've been putting off.

It was good to see Carolyn again, and after we caught up with what's been happening, I did a little meditation. About mid-afternoon, we went over to Terrell and Kathy's house for a visit. It looks like my brother Keith and his family are going to be here for Thanksgiving. We discussed a menu and made lists of who is doing what, with an emphasis on trying to make the event as stress free as possible. In other words, no slaving away in the kitchen for two days. Lori and her family will also be there, so it should be a fun time.

I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow, after what I hope is a late awakening. In the meantime, I'm wore out.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tacoma, Washington: Tackyoma

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I wandered across your blog while surfing the 'net. Cute place!
I used to work in Bay City at STNP during the building phase after the Unions took over the project. This blog broght back lots of fond memories of travel trailer living while going from nuke to nuke.
I'm adding your site to my favorites list - keep up the good work!

Jerald said...

Thanks for the comments. We lived in Bay City for 15 years, and still have relatives and friends there. We'll probably be back to the plant in February for a couple of months.

Jerald