Monday, November 30, 2009

Good Medical Results

Blum, Texas

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 56 degrees, partly cloudy to clear skies

The wind blew hard all night, but we were snug and warm in our home on wheels. The forecast has rain and snow showers for tomorrow, so it looks like we have found winter.

What a busy day! We were up at our usual early time, and at our doctor's office by 0800 hours. The first thing to do was pick up the lab orders and go register with the hospital. Next was the bloodletting that takes place when we have our physicals. I think the technician must have taken a pint. Wonder if that would qualify as a blood donation? Free shirt for that?

When the blood taking was finished, we went across the street to the local Burger King for a late breakfast. The breakfast was good, especially with the hospital being so busy after the holiday weekend and having to wait as long as we did.

The next thing we did was drive west on Texas 67 to the rest area and overlook on Chalk Mountain. This overlook is one of our favorite places in the area. It was even more beautiful today, with all the colors of fall spread out below us.

At 1100 hours, I had a heart stress test conducted as a followup to the one I had two years ago. Talk about a workout! I didn't have a chance to take my morning walk, and the doctor said I wouldn't need one after he was finished with me. He was right, because I don't think I have had a stress test to equal how hard he worked me today. The good news is that no problems were found, and I'm good to go with my heart for another 2-5 years.

Since we still had some time before our physical examinations, we visited our friends Jerry and Joyce while we were waiting. They are doing fine as they get ready for the holidays at their business, Midway Pines RV Park.

Finally, it was time to see our doctor. I was the first person in, and got a very good physical with excellent lab results. The only problem is that the doctor wants me to have another test run next week in Granbury. Carolyn saw the doctor after me, and her results were also good. Guess what? She still has two tests on Thursday in Granbury. So, we have these things to do, and are thinking about what we can do and still make the appointments. We may take a short trip and come back.

One thing I forgot in all this medical stuff was that we carried our laundry with us and washed it. Thinking ahead, we knew we would need to do laundry this week, so today was a good one for that since the appointments were spread out so much.

By the time we got home (back to the RV, which is home, wherever it is), it was almost dark and turning colder. Both of us are tired, but feel good about what we accomplished and the positive results from all the medical stuff. Since the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow, it may be a day of staying snug and warm in the RV.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hico, Texas: Home Of Cowboys And Legends

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerald,

Any time for dinner at Pasta Fina next week? E-mail me if you guys want to get together.

You know who