Monday, November 23, 2009

Waking Too Early

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 74 degrees, clear skies

Today was the first day back home, with no job to get up and go to. It was great to sleep in a little (try 0430 hours) and only have to take care of a few chores.

The first thing to do was finish reviewing and polishing the final report on my assessment of the nuclear plant that I performed last week. Once I was satisfied and had that e-mailed off, we took the laundry to the laundromat. That took a little over an hour. Then I had to make our annual choices on the benefits package from the job I retired from 2000. By the time all that was finished, I was starting to wear down a little, so it was a good time for some meditation.

After the meditation, we went to HEB for a few groceries, but they were so busy we couldn't find a parking place. Then we went where I wanted to go in the first place, the WalMart Mall. We picked up almost everything we needed for the Thanksgiving meal except the desserts and a smoked turkey. The Mall was out of smoked turkeys, so we may have to regroup and do something different with that choice. I'll check with HEB tomorrow.

After getting home from the Mall and putting everything up, I made a list of what I need to do before we leave here on Friday. Remember when I wrote about using lists to help keep me focused? The last thing I did before supper was to go to the library to check out some videos to watch over the next few days. It's been about four months since we've watched a movie. It's amazing how much time a job takes out of a person's life.

My primary goals this week are to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with family, get the RV ready to leave, and learn how to sleep longer in the morning.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dallas, Texas: The Texas Star

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: