Saturday, November 7, 2009

Preps For Leaving

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 82 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Warmer weather is back in the area, and we're expecting some rain the next couple of days. I hope there's some cooler weather before long.

I was off work today, and spent some time getting things ready for our departure in about eight days. When I arrived here, I took everything out of the truck toolbox, as well as the fifth wheel hitch, and stored it in the RV basement. That should give some idea how big the basement is, and it still had plenty of room after all those items were in there.

The truck tool box was repacked and the fifth wheel hitch was installed on the truck. The step ladder was strapped in place on the bed of the truck between the legs of the hitch. There are still a couple of items to put in place in the basement, but most of the work is finished. When we leave, about all that will be left to do will be the normal things we do when we're on the road.

After all that work, it was time to go to the WalMart Mall to get our shopping fix. The grocery shopping didn't take, since we have enough food to last us for our remaining time here, and we would rather use that than carry it down the road Carolyn found a couple of throw pillows for the couch to replace two others that she's going to use for something else.

We met Lori and the grandkids for lunch at Pizza Hut. An hour and a half later, we had finished lunch. Eating with them reminds me of when our girls were younger and still at home. Meals were a time for everyone to talk about what was going on and discuss the events of the day, whether it was politics, the economy, religion, or whatever came up. We find that meals with them are still the same, and the grandkids seem to like the back and forth that goes on.

After lunch, we made our weekly stop at the library, then finished up by taking a short ride in the countryside so Carolyn could see what has or hasn't changed. When we got home, I watched a little television until I couldn't avoid doing some mediation. Ohhh, how restful. Now I think I can watch Florida against Vanderbilt tonight. Of course, I would be watching even if I didn't meditate today.

A little elaboration is in order for part of last night's post. I mentioned how much I enjoy working with a longtime co-worker. What I didn't mention, but may have come through is how much I like Bill, the radiological engineer in the country.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Houston, Texas: Capital Of The Sunbelt

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: