Saturday, September 26, 2009

All-World Quarterback Hurt

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 90 degrees, fog early

The mosquito wars continued during my walk this morning. It seemed as though the mosquitoes were worse, or else the word got out that there was fresh blood in the neighborhood. Whatever it was, I'll be glad when these pesky critters go away. On the positive side, all the slapping and flailing gets me a good workout.

Carolyn decided I was cooking breakfast this morning, so after my walk I went to Shipley's Donuts and picked up some sausage pigs (kolaches). As usual, they were good. I have to admit, I'm a pretty good cook. Or, as my girls used to say, a good cooker.

Since I won't be off until Saturday next week, we went to HEB to pick up a few groceries there. Then, after bringing those home and putting them up, I went over to the WalMart Mall and picked up a few things that we buy at that store.

In the afternoon, we watched some golf until Florida's game with Kentucky started. Once that game started, nothing else was done until the game was over. Florida won the game easily, but their All-World quarterback, Tim Tebow, was hurt. At this time, there has been no word on how serious the injury is, but he was taken to the hospital before the game was over.

Not much going on today as I take it easy be fore the long hours start.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cuero, Texas: Wildflower Capital of Texas

Not all who wande rare lost.

No comments: