Saturday, September 5, 2009

College Football Begins

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 89 degrees, light shower in the afternoon, mostly cloudy skies

I took a longer walk than usual this morning, like about 50% longer. I didn't set out to do that, but felt so good that before I knew it, I was farther away from home than I meant to be. At that point, I had no choice but to keep walking. I've got to be careful doing that.

After I got home and had a good rest, I took care of some light housekeeping. Dusting, shaking the rugs out, sweeping where there wasn't any carpet, vacuuming, and other little things.

At lunchtime, I met Lori and her family at K-2 Restaurant for lunch. This restaurant has a special on Saturdays which I like a lot. Big hamburgers, nacho bar, salad bar, and more. I loaded up on the nachos and brought my hamburger home for supper. While I was eating, I had a nacho or two for Carolyn.

The college football season officially started Thursday night, but most of the teams started playing today. As I'm writing this post, I'm watching Florida play Charleston Southern, a small school out of South Carolina. An obvious mismatch, and I wish the major colleges would not schedule these types of games. Of course, the small schools love to play the big schools because they get a big payday for it. And, I'm sure they like the exposure their schools get that they wouldn't have gotten. Anyway, at this point in the third quarter, Florida is winning 48 to 3.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dahlonega, Georgia: A Better Hometown Community

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: