Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grocery Run

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 90 degrees, partly cloudy

We woke later than normal this morning, probably because we were still recovering from the long trip on Friday and Friday night. Even though we didn't do much yesterday, we were still tired. As I write this post on Sunday night, I'm feeling much better and more rested. Just in time to go back to work tomorrow. Have you ever heard people say they went back to work to get some rest? That's the way I feel.

We made a run to the WalMart Mall to pick up some groceries. As might be expected, I didn't keep many groceries in the RV while I was here by myself. Carolyn said she needed more than what I had if she was going to do any cooking. Needless to say, I offered no argument at all. I told her to get whatever she needed, and I tagged along to push the cart. With what we bought today, we should be in good shape for the next week.

Late in the afternoon, we went over to visit Lori and her family. The kids were at home, but Lori and John had gone to the movies. We'll see them later this week.

The refrigerators in most RVs are fairly small, especially when compared to a refrigerator for a house. The one we have now is about ten cubic feet. The last refrigerator we owned in a house was 21 cubic feet. Quite a difference, isn't it? In keeping with everything in an RV being smaller, the freezer in our refrigerator is also small. We have to be careful not to buy too much food that requires freezing. As a result, we tend to go to the grocery store more often than people that live in houses. One thing that does impress us is how well these little refrigerators perform. A negative, other than the small size, is the cost if the refrigerator has to be replaced. A new one like ours will cost $1200 to $1600, which I think is pricey. Luckily, we have never had to do that.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Healdsburg, California: A Town For All Seasons

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: