Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hamburgers At Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 63 degrees, high 78 degrees, cloudy skies, scattered light showers

The managers at the job site cooked and served hamburgers and all the trimmings for lunch today. That's about 2500 people that were served, as a way of recognizing that everyone is going to be very busy starting next week. This facility is very good at building and reinforcing teamwork, which contributes to the success they have enjoyed over the years. Contractors are treated well here, and many of them come back every chance they get.

I'll be off work for the next three days and go back on Monday. At that time, the hours worked will get longer and the pace will pick up. In five or six weeks, my part will be done, and we'll be getting ready to leave. Then it's back to retirement.

I've been a little under the weather this week, and when I get home, I haven't felt like walking. I hope to be able to get a little extra exercise this weekend, since the long hours the next few weeks will probably keep me from doing anything but working. This weekend, I'll also take care of any chores that Carolyn can't do. Another thing we'll do is spend some time with Lori and her family. And, we plan to visit my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy. Who knows, we might find some adventure over the weekend.

I'll close for now. I'm trying to watch CSI at the same time I'm writing this post. It's not working very well.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Wellington, Colorado: The Northern Gateway To Colorado

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: