Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wash The Truck And It Shall Rain

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 88 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, heavy showers off and on

The old wash the truck trick has worked again. This time, it was at the request of my brother Terrell, who asked me to wash the truck at his house. Now, I wonder if he was trying to stack the deck in favor of his yard getting some rain on it? We had several showers today, and as I'm writing this post, it's sprinkling again. I wonder if there's any money to be made with this rainmaking thing?

There wasn't much going on here today. Work went well, and I continue to renew acquaintances with old friends and co-workers. It continues to amaze me with old these folks are getting. Surely I don't look older to them. Do I?

Most of the people who know me know what my feelings are from a political view point. I try not to make it too obvious on the blog, but I probably get carried away sometimes. The last couple of weeks, there has been a controversy swirling about the president speaking to our school kids. I think there was some misinformation put out, and the president's people probably made some mistakes with what they were trying to do. However, other presidents have spoken to our young people before, and they seem to have survived it. I think the message the president presented today was appropriate with him asking them to study hard and stay in school. Who knows, maybe his message will encourage a few of the kids to do better and stay in school. That would be a good thing.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tallahassee, Florida: Tallaclassy

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: