Friday, September 25, 2009

Mosquito Wars

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 78 degrees, cloudy skies

I took a morning walk for the first time in several days this morning. In the process, I received an unexpected whole body workout because of fighting off hordes of blood thirsty mosquitoes. Slapping, flailing, kicking, I was like a kung fu fighter. By the time I got home, I was ready for some rest inside the RV, away from the mosquitoes.

After resting and wiping the blood off from the mosquito battles, we took the laundry and washed it. When I got back home, I dumped our holding tanks. Carolyn said the shower tank was gurgling, which indicated to her that it needed to be emptied. The tank probably was close to being full, but that was planned on my part. I wanted to have plenty of water to flush the sewer hose with after dumping the black water tank. My plan worked to perfection. Now, all of the tanks are empty, and the sewer hose got a good flushing.

A trip to the library was next on my list of things to do. In about five minutes, I found three books and three videos to check out. Then I took Carolyn to lunch, which was a nice break in the chores. After lunch, we watched golf for a couple of hours.

Late in the afternoon, Julian called and asked if we would like to go to Victoria's Mexican Restaurant for supper. We said sure, and met him, along with Lori and Zoe for a nice supper. John couldn't be there, since he is working nights for the shut down at the facility where I am working.

The rest of the evening was spent watching a little television, reading, surfing the web, and enjoying my time off from work. I'm getting ready for the long hours, starting on Monday.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Charleston, South Carolina: Hornets Nest

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: