Monday, September 21, 2009

Lost Satellite Signal

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 79 degrees, high 93 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Just when I thought the weather was going to be cooler, we had a day like today was. It seemed hotter than the actual temperature, but the start of the fall season is only a couple of days away. The forecast is for cooler weather, and it can't come soon enough for me. Have I said lately that the fall is our favorite season of the year?

When we woke up Saturday morning, Carolyn had a stiff neck that gave her a lot of pain over the weekend. It was better today, mainly because she has been careful about what she has been doing. She felt well enough to prepare supper for us. Today was the first home cooked meal I have had since I came back to Bay City. Pork chops, potato salad, and green beans. Ahhhh, that was so good.

While waiting for Carolyn to finish supper, I turned the TV on to see what was going on in the rest of the world. There was no signal, and Carolyn said the maintenance person for the RV park had been weed eating today. It appears he got too close to our cable leading from the satellite dish to the RV. I went out and checked the connections, thinking he might have disconnected them and forgotten to reconnect them. Nope, that wasn't the problem. By that time, Carolyn had supper ready, so I stopped my troubleshooting so I could enjoy that home cooking.

After supper (which was very good), I resumed my hunt for the problem with the satellite signal. I found that the maintenance man had moved the cables around so he wouldn't cut them. Moving the cables caused the place where the cables are connected to the satellite dish to have a break in the connection. It wasn't anything that was caused deliberately, just use and age. We've had the same cables for about seven years. It might be time to replace them, since I've been having a few problems lately when setting up the dish.

There's not much going on here, except getting ready for the shut down at the job. That starts next week. Until then, I'll be busy at home getting things done around the RV that I won't have time to do when the longer hours begin.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Columbus, Texas: City Of Live Oaks And Live Folks

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi ,
Your work on the blog is fantastic. I’m influenced in a positive way.

Specifically, I got some nice information in this page http://retireddrifters.blogspot.com/2009/09/lost-satellite-signal.html

If you are interested, I would like to exchange links by placing a content link in your website. Don’t you think it would be nice for both our sites?

I’m waiting for your response.
Regards,
David
Email: davidwilsen@gmail.com