Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dentists and Doctors

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 87 degrees, cloudy, showers

The rain making I performed last Monday has led to not being able to take my daily walk for the last three evenings. As I write this post, there is the soft patter of rain drops on the roof of the RV. It takes me back to my childhood and listening to the sound of rain on a tin roof. I really liked going to sleep to that sound.

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to take a long walk early in the morning. I'm off work the next three days, and maybe an early start will allow me to get the walking completed before the rains begin. The forecast is for continued rain through Saturday.

We still use the same dentist in Bay City that we used before going on the road as full time RVers, and I have an appointment tomorrow for my periodic checkup. Fortunately, we have only had one problem where we needed to see a dentist at any time other than our checkups. That one problem was when Carolyn needed to see a dentist when we were in North Carolina in 2007. Since we didn't know who to try to see, the owners of the RV park where we were staying recommended their dentist to us. The recommended dentist did a great job, but he didn't accept our insurance. That wasn't a problem for us, as we went ahead and paid the dentist, and then filed a claim with our insurance, who paid us within two weeks.

Our doctor for many years also lived here in Bay City, and we still used him even after leaving. We considered him to be a friend, and he lived across the street from us. Every time we were in Bay City, we would stop by to let him check us out and catch up on what was happening with him. In time, he began having serious medical problems and eventually had to retire. We were lucky enough to find another doctor that we liked in the Glen Rose area that understands our lifestyle and the unique needs we had as far as being able to obtain the medicine that we use for health maintenance. We plan to be in the Glen Rose area in November for our yearly physicals and other stuff that he thinks we need to do. It's going to be about time for me to do another stress test. At least I won't need to have a colonoscopy! I'm thankful for small favors.

Since tomorrow starts my weekend, I have several chores that I'll be working on. Laundry, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, grocery shopping, wash the truck... Scratch that last one about washing the truck. I think we have had enough rain for now.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Denver, CO: Paris On The Platte

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: