Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Touch Of Fall In The Air

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

In many areas of the country, the temperatures I listed above would seem hot. Here, they feel almost balmy, with a touch of fall in the air. Okay, so the touch of fall is wishful thinking, but does everyone realize that today is the first day of September? Time sure seems to fly when you get older.

I went to a meeting at work today, and I knew everyone there. That's amazing, considering that there were about 20 people in the meeting. They welcomed me back and thanked me for coming to help them. It's not hard to come to a place like this that is so sincere in their welcome.

After work, I was so hungry my stomach was gnawing at my backbone, so I ate supper before going for a walk. The cooler temperatures make walking a lot easier. I felt so good that I walked a little farther than yesterday. Once the longer hours start in about four weeks, I probably won't have time to walk, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I liked the murals in Eureka, California. Here are a few examples of what I saw while we were there in 2004. The colors are varied and bright, and as I mentioned, by the time I found all of the murals, I had seen most of the town. We wouldn't mind going back there someday.

That's about it from here. The Labor Day weekend is coming up, so we'll try to find some ways to enjoy the last holiday of summer.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - California: The Golden State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: