Thursday, September 17, 2009

Loooong Meeting

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 87 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Most of the day was spent sitting in a readiness review for one of the groups that has a big part in the shut down at the facility where I'm presently working. I have been in so many of this type of meetings in the past, and they're still hard to sit through. The voices drone on, and the breaks are few and far between. To top it off, lunch is usually served, which makes that couple of hours after eating a time of fighting off sleepiness. Luckily, I'm not the only person that feels the same about these meetings. I'm not saying that nothing is gained from the reviews. What I'm saying is that they are too long and boring. Shorten and liven them up, and people will probably get just as much out of them. Who knows, they might even start to look forward to going.

I talked to Carolyn when I got home this evening, and it looks as though she will be coming home this weekend. I'll leave early in the morning and get to Tuscaloosa late tomorrow afternoon. We have talked about whether we will start back Saturday or Sunday, and we'll decide that when I get up there. It's too bad she can't fly because of the vertigo problem. Driving to Houston to pick her up is a lot easier than going to Tuscaloosa. At least she's coming home. I'm ready to get my partner back.

Today is our daughter Terri's birthday. I can still remember the first time I saw her. Back then, we did not have any way to know whether we were having a boy or a girl, so there was always a little suspense. I guess there's something to be said for knowing the sex of your unborn child, but I'll never forget the thrill of finding out when our babies were born. Happy Birthday, Dear. I hope all your wishes and dreams come true.

I know we will be tired when we get back from Alabama, so I washed my clothes after work today. That's one little chore I won't have to do. Everything is packed and ready for the trip except for putting the computer in the truck. I'll do that after I finish writing this post. The RV is vacuumed and dusted, and everything is picked up so it will be clean when we get back.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Francisco, California: Shaky Town

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: