Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Loud Pounding

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 91 degrees, clear skies

More acquaintances were renewed at work today, and so far I've only seen a fraction of the people I used to work with. I'm glad I made the decision to come work for a couple of months, and I'll probably be glad when it's over so I can go play. Don't tell anyone, but this seems like play to me. And I'm being paid!

I talked to Carolyn this evening, and it looks as though I won't be going to pick her this weekend. Terri still needs some help, so we're thinking that I'll go get her in about three weeks. At least I hope so. I'm ready to have my partner at home with me. There are times, however, when parents make sacrifices to help their children, and this is one of those times for us. As I've said before, it doesn't matter how old your children are, when they need your help and you're able to help, you've got to do it.

A strange thing happened last night about 2330 hours (11:30 p.m. for those who can't read military time) when I was awakened from sleep by a loud pounding on the RV door. At first, I didn't know what the noise was, but as I became more awake, I realized someone was knocking on the door. I went into the living room and asked who was there. There was no way I was going to open the door to see who it was. A female voice said it was a name I was not familiar with, so I asked her to repeat it. Still not recognizing the name, I told her I didn't know who she was, but as far as I was concerned, she had no business knocking on my door that late. She apologized and apparently left. I tried to see who was outside, but never did see the person. Needless to say, it took awhile for me to go back to sleep. Don't you hate it when that happens? I wonder what she was up to? No good, I'm sure.

I've been here for two weeks, and I'm finally starting to sleep good at night. I hardly hear the trains, and when I do hear one, it just registers in my subconscious, instead of making me sit straight up in the bed.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Missoula, Montana: The Garden City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: