Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Red Faces

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The title of this post is Red Faces, and it's not due to something embarrassing. Some of my co-workers had to spend most of the day outside supporting a vendor at the job site. The vendor is providing a big crane that will be used to move some components that will be changed out as part of the modifications on the project. My co-workers didn't actually do any work, but were there in the event the vendor needed support that the co-workers could arrange for them. The sun was bright, there was a little breeze, no shade, and the next thing you know, red faces. I saw one of my buddies after work, and his face was even redder since he had gotten home. In about a week, there will probably be a few folks having peeling skin on their faces.

On the way home from work, I was thinking about what I wanted for supper. I didn't have much at home to prepare, and have not been eating out much. It occurred to me that I hadn't been to Dairy Queen since last winter. Their hamburgers and fries are usually pretty good, so I decided to stop at the local DQ. It was almost 1800 hours, so a lot of other folks had the same idea as me. However, I didn't have to wait to place my order, and I assumed the burger and fries would be ready soon. Well, 25 minutes later, I finally got my food. By that time, I was ready to go home, so I asked them to put it in a bag. My plan was to sit in the restaurant and eat my hamburger, but after sitting there as long as I did before getting the food turned me off on staying. So, I brought everything home and ate. Even though I had to wait as long as I did, it wasn't bad. Of course, when it comes to hamburgers, it doesn't take much to satisfy me.

The word is out that I took a job, and I'm getting other offers. It's nice to be wanted, but I'm supposed to be retired. I'm not going to make any decisions right now, but if I do any other projects, it would only be for short periods of time. I don't want to get back into the long jobs where the hours are endless and the job seems as though it will never end. Sure, the money is good, but there comes a time when there are more important things. Such as spending time with Carolyn, visiting family and grandkids, RVing..... Don't worry, Dear. No decisions will be made without talking to you.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lafayette, Louisiana: The Heart Of Acadiana

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: