Saturday, September 12, 2009

Supper With Family And Friends

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 85 degrees, cloudy with showers all morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon

It was cloudy when I got up this morning, but the rain held off until I had finished my morning walk. Then the skies let loose again with showers that lasted until the afternoon.

After my walk, I did some light housekeeping in the RV, and then went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things - groceries, razor blades, dental floss, etc. Then down to the library to return a dvd that I watched last night titled Valkyrie, with Tom Cruise. The story, which was based on historical facts, was about a group of Germans that attempted to assassinate Adolf Hitler in 1944 in an attempt to negotiate an end to World War II in Europe so their country would not be destroyed by the Allies. The attempt failed, and most of the people involved were executed by the Nazis. This was the 16th attempt on Hitler's life, and the last one before he committed suicide in 1945. I thought it was a good movie.

This afternoon, I watched a lot of college football, with a little golf viewing from time to time. I think I have spoken about how much I like college football. It's so much different than watching the overpaid and over-privileged spoiled brats we see so prevalent in professional football.

Tonight, I had supper with Lori and her family, as well as a couple of friends from my working days at the facility where I am now. It was good to see these folks again, catching up with what's been going on with them. I have to say they're looking good. Lorna lives on the shores of Lake Okeechobee in Florida, and invited us to visit and go fishing. I may take her up on that. Elsie still works at the facility.

Not much else going on today. One of those easy days I treasure before the longer hours start in about two weeks.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Iowa Colony, Texas: Where We Make It Happen

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: