Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last Day Off

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 93 degrees, foggy early, then partly cloudy skies

I was able to do a rare feat for me this morning - I slept until after 0600 hours. It's a good thing that this was a restful weekend, because the long hours start tomorrow morning. I will be getting up about 0400 hours so I can make it to work by 0500 hours, which is when my shift starts. The average work day will be about 13 hours. I think I may be getting too old for this stuff. Oh, well. At least it should only last about six weeks, and I'm supposed to have every Saturday off. That means I will be able to see most of the college football games that I'm interested in.

We went to visit my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy late in the morning. They have bought a house in Tennessee, and plan to put their house here in Bay City up for sale in a couple of months. They hope to be moved by some time in December, just in time for the cold weather to start up there.

Before we returned home, we had lunch at McDonald's in the WalMart Mall. What more could a person ask for - a visit to the Mall and lunch, too. Then we went home and watched the golf tournament. Tiger Woods didn't win the tournament, but he won the Fedex Cup, worth about $10,000,000. I'd say that was a pretty good payday.

A couple nights ago, we watched the Beach Boys in concert on television. That brought back some memories. The classic rock and roll music like that seems like happy music to us, while most of what passes for music today seems to be angry and violent. Or is it our imagination?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pasadena, Texas: Strawberry Capital

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: