Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Computer

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 69 degrees, light frost, clear skies, light breezes

We went to Houston with Lori and her family today. It was the first time we had been to that part of Houston (Sugarland, etc.) in more than three years, and it was amazing to us how much the area has built up. Based on what we saw, there is no sign of a recession or weak economy in Houston.

Our first stop was at the Sam's Club. We like to walk up and down most of the aisles to see what neat new things they have for Christmas. Unfortunately, we were a little early to try the free samples that they give away, such as cookies, shrimp, steak, and so forth. We found a few things that we just had to have. The most important was a new laptop computer that will probably be our primary computer, even after we have the old one repaired. The new computer is probably three times the computer that the old one is, and cost about half what the old one did. It's amazing what is done with electronics today, compared with a few years ago.

A minor problem we had with the new computer was that when I loaded the software for the air card, the computer did not have the proper drivers for the air card. I went to Lori's house and connected to the Internet via their broadband connection and found the drivers needed. Once the drivers were downloaded, we were ready to connect. Now I need to find a mouse because this touchpad on the new computer is driving me crazy.

After leaving Sam's, we went to Gringo's, a Mexican restaurant, for lunch. Very good food. Then we went over to the Sugarland Mall, where John went with me to look at the Apple computers. The Apples are very good products, but a little pricey. I think I'll be okay with the one I bought.

Carolyn and I came home and did some power meditating. After that, I spent the rest of the day becoming familiar with the new computer. I'm a little tired now, so I think I'll call it a day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Houston, Texas: Space City

Not all wander are lost.

No comments: