Thursday, December 18, 2008

Carolyn's Been Baking

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 54 degrees, high 67 degrees, cloudy, fog, mist, showers last night

After my morning walk, I had the truck serviced. It was time for that task to be done, and as I was driving by WalMart, I noticed they did not seem busy. So I drove in and a half hour later, the service work was finished.

When I got home, Carolyn decided she was going to do some baking. I got the baking pans out from under the dinette seat, the mixer down from the top shelf in the kitchen cabinet, the ingredients out of the pantry, and left her to do her thing.

While Carolyn was baking, I went to the library to finish loading the programs we want in the old computer. As I mentioned in another post, our Internet connection is not the fastest. When I need to download large files, I go to the library, where I can use their wifi signal for much faster access. As expected, the downloads went quickly. Also, I took the new computer and downloaded the same programs to it. The downloaded programs included a different Internet browser (Mozilla Firefox), an anti-virus program (Avast), an ad removal program (Ad Aware), a spy bot removal program (spy bot search and destroy), and CCleaner, (registry cleaner). All these programs received high marks from the Internet community, and best of all, they were free.

By the time I returned home from the library, Carolyn had finished her baking. I had to show my appreciation for her efforts, and had a fresh, warm brownie. Ummmmm, Boy!! That was good. Just to make sure I wasn't wrong about the taste, I had another one tonight while writing this post. Guess what? They're still good. Maybe I can talk her into doing more.

Tonight, we had supper with Terri and Thomas. It was a pleasant evening, and we made some plans for the days leading up to Christmas and Christmas Day. Looks like it's going to be a good week.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Puyallup, Washington: Working To Be Your Community Of Choice

Not all wander are lost.

No comments: