Monday, December 22, 2008

Cold, Cold, Cold

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 20 degrees, high 36 degrees, clear skies, light breezes

Carolyn had a doctor's appointment early this morning, which gave me a perfect excuse for being a wimp as far as the weather was concerned. Usually, I go for my daily walk before 0800 hours every morning. If Carolyn had not had her early appointment, I would have put the walk off until the temperature warmed up, even at the risk of being called a wimp. I do not like weather this cold.

Carolyn's doctor's appointment was a followup to the treatment she has been receiving for the nodules on the calves of her legs. The nodules are responding well to treatment, but the locations where the biopsies were performed are not healing well. The doctor prescribed a new antibiotic cream, as well as some oral antibiotics. Hopefully, we will see an improvement soon in those areas.

After the doctor's appointment was finished and we had breakfast, I checked our propane gas tanks. One of our tanks was empty, so I took it down to a local gas company to have it refilled. We don't want to run out of propane in weather like this.

After I came back home and reinstalled the propane tank, I gathered the library books and made a book run to the library. When I finished at the library, It had warmed up enough that I was willing to try to get my daily walk done. Even though I was dressed for the occasion, I still got cold. It is supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow. I'm ready for it.

Tonight, Terri and Thomas came to the RV for a visit. We had a good visit, talking about all manner of subjects. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waxahachie, Texas: Crepe Myrtle Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: