Friday, December 19, 2008

The Sun, The Sun

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 73 degrees, mostly to partly cloudy

We saw the sun today! The first time we have seen it since....I don't remember the last time. Anyway, it was enough to raise my spirits.

After my morning walk and breakfast, I took our clothes to the laundry and washed them. While I was doing the laundry, Carolyn was doing some housecleaning. When I was finished with the laundry, I stopped at the WalMart Mall to pick up a few more baking items for Carolyn. She is going to bake some cookies, and I am ready to do my bit by doing a taste test. Of course, my taste test may result in having to bake more cookies, but I'm sure Carolyn won't mind. Would she?

Once I got home and everything was put away, I did some chores outside in the basement. Seeing the sun got my work juices going, so I gathered the truck washing stuff and went out to Terri's house. I was going out there to make sure everything was okay, so I decided to take care of washing the truck at the same time. The truck looks much better with about ten layers of dirt caused by snow, sleet, rain, and road grime removed. If I have the time tomorrow, I plan to clean up the inside.

Tonight while writing this post to the blog, I had another brownie to see if they were still as good as yesterday. Strictly a scientific test, which it appears was successful. The brownie was just as good tonight as they were yesterday. Now, I wonder if the cookies will hold up that well? Sounds like more tests will be coming to verify how long cookies are good.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lufkin, Texas: See The Forest For The Trees

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: