Sunday, December 14, 2008

Offer On House

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 60 degrees, cloudy skies

Working on correcting our sleep habits, I got up this morning at 0730 hours, while Carolyn was a sleepy head and didn't manage to get up until 0800 hours. I could get used to sleeping like that. I think what has happened is that the traveling caught up with us.

I had not been for a morning walk for the last five days because of traveling and bad weather. This morning, I managed to get out and start walking again, and it seemed to wake my body up. On the way home, I stopped and bought the local newspaper so we could see what kinds of sales are going on. We found several things on sale for stuff we use on a routine basis. After lunch, I went into town and picked up those items, plus stopped at the WalMart Mall for some grocery items we needed. It was surprising to see that WalMart was not as busy as usual on Sunday. Is the economy affecting sales, or did I go at a time that was not busy?

When I went to Terri's house yesterday, I found that a drawer slide in the kitchen was broken, allowing the drawer to fall down in the opening. I will be going out there tomorrow to repair that, plus do a little housekeeping and minor yard work.

We heard from the Realtor on Friday that a party had made an offer on the house. A verbal counteroffer was made, and we heard today that the interested party wants the counteroffer written up for their review. I'm not sure why a written counteroffer was not performed to start with, especially in this tough market. Anyway, we're hopeful this is the party that will buy the house.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brundidge, Alabama: Alabama's Own Antiques Town

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: