Friday, December 26, 2008

Lists

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 59 degrees, high 72 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

We finally saw the sun today for a total of about a half hour. The forecast predicts that we will see more of it tomorrow. I'm ready for it.

After my morning walk and breakfast, we didn't do much of anything until about 1100 hours, when we decided to take a drive out in the country. Passing by the stores in town, we noticed that the parking lots appeared to be over half full. I hope that indicates the after Christmas sales are going well.

We have seen very little sun in the last month. Mental health professionals have linked the winter doldrums people go through to the lack of sunshine, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that people are feeling down in this area. In our ride through the countryside, the lack of sunshine made everything seem dull and washed out. There have been times when it looked better than now.

When we returned home, it was time for some meditation. After the meditation was finished, I decided to sort through the file box that holds our important paperwork that is kept with us on the road. The really important stuff is kept in a safety deposit box in a bank. Anyway, I usually do a pretty good job of keeping the junk out of our files in the RV. About once a year, I review all the paperwork from the past year to make sure we're not keeping junk, and that everything is filed in the proper folder. Somehow, we always manage to misfile something, or a few pieces of junk will worm their way into the files. About 45 minutes after starting, the files were in good shape again, and we were able to get rid of some junk. That's one thing crossed off my rather long list of things to do.

Speaking of things to do, I have noticed that the older I get, the more I depend on lists to ensure I don't forget something. Not that my memory is getting bad or anything like that.

I wonder if Carolyn knows where those keys are?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Miami, Florida: Gateway To The Americas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: