Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunny Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 69 degrees, clear skies and sunny, light breezes

The weather was clear and sunny today, unlike the cloudy days we have been having for so long. It was nice to take my morning walk and be able to see the sky and sun. In fact, I felt so good about the day that after I ate breakfast, I put on a Hawaiian shirt. I know, this is not Hawaiian shirt weather, but it felt so good to be able to see the sun for a change, I had to celebrate.

After breakfast, I took the laundry to the laundromat and did the laundry thing. While I was gone, Carolyn changed the bed and did some other housework. When I returned home, we worked together on going through the kitchen cabinets, re-arranging and consolidating everything. If we're not careful, things will start to overwhelm us with the small amount of storage space we have. Tomorrow, we plan to finish going through the cabinets in the living room.

When I was growing up in the south, we ate the normal southern food of that time period. Black eyed peas, beans of all kinds, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cornbread, ham, chicken, pork chops, and so forth. We also ate all kinds of greens, such as turnip greens, mustard, and collards. Occasionally, we will get an appetite for some of the childhood food. Tonight, we had that appetite hit us, so we had collard greens, ham, corn bread, and pepper sauce. It was outstanding.

Enough reminiscing about the past.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waxahachie, Texas: Come For The History, Stay For The Charm

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: