Saturday, December 20, 2008

Shorter Walk

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 76 degrees, mostly cloudy, a little sunshine

On most mornings, I feel like I could walk almost forever when I go for my morning walk. For some reason, I didn't feel that way this morning, and cut my walk short by about 25%. Nothing to worry about. I think I was just being lazy.

Carolyn wanted to go to Target, so we went there after eating breakfast. She likes to browse through the store, and I trail along wherever she wants to go. We found a couple of things she liked, so we picked them up. Actually, they were gifts for Terri and Thomas. What was interesting about Target was the fact that the store has about 30 registers, and only five of them were being used. And none of the five that were open had people backed up. Is this an indication of the state of the economy?

After we left Target, we had planned to stop at a couple more places, but Carolyn's vertigo kicked in. The traffic going across in front of us at traffic lights seems to bring on an attack of the vertigo, and she inadvertently looked at the traffic when we were stopped at a light. We decided to go home, hoping she would feel better later. She did feel better, but by the time she did, it was too late to do much.

We have some cold weather coming (after all, tomorrow's the first day of winter). By Monday morning, the low is forecast to be 20 degrees. I insulated our water hose in an attempt to keep the hose from freezing. We have had some freezing weather already, but I have been removing the water hose when needed so it wouldn't freeze. That's getting a little tiresome. Now, let's see if I insulated the hose well enough.

We found a new hamburger place that has been getting rave reviews. We may try it tomorrow. If so, a full report will be forthcoming.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Portland, Maine: Forest City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Jerald said...

Thank you for the kind comment.

Jerald