Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wings

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 52 degrees, cloudy, windy, sprinkles early in the morning

We had some sprinkles this morning that are expected to become heavier rain over the next 24 hours. We were glad to see warmer temperatures, which will probably last for a few days.

With the threat of rain, I put my walk off until later in the morning. Before walking, I went by the barber shop to get a hair cut, but it was so busy I decided to wait until my walk was finished. Trying for a hair cut after the walk was also unsuccessful. I was not ready to spend an hour waiting for an available barber. Later in the evening, I saw the barbers were still busy. Maybe I'll just wait until after the holiday. At least someone seems to be doing well in this uncertain economy.

When I got home from my walk, Carolyn had been busy baking. Peanut butter blossom cookies, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, brownies. I'm in cookie heaven. Of course, I had to try the baker's products out to see if she had left anything out of the recipes. Good news, everything is fine. I guess I'm going to have to get more exercise to make up for all these good eats. I shared the cookies with our neighbors, and we'll take some over to Terri and Thomas on Thursday.

Since Carolyn had been busy baking, I helped her with the vacuuming of the RV. By then, it was time for some meditation. Tonight, we invited Terri and Thomas to go with us to Bob Baumhower's Wings Restaurant. Guess what we had? That's right, wings with all the trimmings, including cole slaw and curly fries. I had the hot wings, and that was probably a mistake. They were just a touch too hot to enjoy them properly. Carolyn was smarter than me, and ordered the medium wings. Oh, well. Live and learn. The food was good and plentiful, and we brought home a full carryout container of food. Looks like we'll have lunch for tomorrow. Or maybe supper.

After finishing supper, we returned home to a quiet evening. There's not much on television at this time of the year, so I have been doing a lot of reading, while Carolyn has been doing crafts and other little projects.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Thermopolis, Wyoming: A Past To Behold, A Future To Uphold

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: