Saturday, December 27, 2008

Warmer Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 60 degrees, high 77 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

When you look at the weather for the day, do you ever get the feeling that it never changes here? Now you know how we feel, with every day seeming to be cloudy or mostly cloudy. We managed to see about an hour's sunlight today, which is better than the last few weeks have been. I hope a positive trend is starting.

During breakfast, we discussed what we would do today. After kicking several ideas around, we decided to stay at home, but we are going to plan a trip up to Athens this next week to see my sister Judy and her husband, Roger. In addition, we are going to try to go south of here in the continuing effort to find Greenbow, the hometown of Forrest Gump.

After the discussion, I went to the library in Tuscaloosa to return some dvds and books. I took the computer with me to update some programs. That part of the trip did not go well at all, because I forgot to take the wifi card with me so I could use the library's wifi signal. As soon as I got back home, I placed the card in the computer case so I wouldn't forget it again. Looks like the list making I do to help me remember what to do didn't help me this time.

After the afternoon meditation session, I did some work on the computer, updating files and backing everything up. Tonight, Terri came over to the RV and had supper with us. We had a good visit, remembering events that happened when she and Lori were still at home. It doesn't matter how old your children are, it's still nice to have them around. As a bonus, grandchildren are a gift from God.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cheyenne, Wyoming: Capital City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: